Google hasn’t produced a product for a long time minimum How pixel clockThe California-based web giant’s first attempt to establish itself in the smartwatch scene. The company is debuting in a sector in which it was in the first experience, which is unfortunate for us and our colleagues Italians Who will write about it after months of chasing rumors of all kinds, some backed by Mountain View itself with its many versions, We will remain – for now – with a fist full of fliesLike last year with the Pixel 6 and 6 Pro which thankfully, at least, came later.
In short, history repeats itself. Google hasn’t said if it will come to other countries like Italy later, but as tech enthusiasts, we can’t help but hope that at least the Pixel Watch It can follow in the footsteps of the Pixel 6. Meanwhile, the Pixel Watch is official and just as worth knowing as we did with the new Pixel 7 and Pixel 7 Pro (these will arrive in Italy right away, and here’s everything you need to know about pricing, availability and pre-orders that have already started).
Pixel Watch – Design and Focal Points
The the design From the Google Pixel Watch, which we know from Google I / O in May, can only be identified in large Cleaning And the minimum. You may or may not like it, but the designers of Big G have clearly worked for it Get a product that is as similar as possible to a traditional watch With a minimalist and highly refined look: classic crown on the right similar in purpose to the crown of the Apple Watch, side button well camouflaged so as not to weigh down the view, 41mm stainless steel case (“80% recycled”Google selector) with a circular shape and Corning’s Gorilla Glass 3D that protects the screen is attached to the case by a zigzag curve.
Also from the minimal address i tapes In a fluoroelastomer, in fact wild cards: they can be used in any conditions, from sports to elegant dinners. Its locking mechanism at checkout was original, inspired – Google said – How does the lens match the camera body? So as to switch between them quickly. In fact, the catalog of belts sold as accessories is quite large (many are available, others come in spring, also in metal or fabric), in order to shape the design by taking advantage of many Requests From Wear OS 3.5.
To support physical activities as best as possible, Google has called on the men of Fitbit, an industry leader that has been part of Mountain View affiliates for some time: Pixel Watch borrows hardware Fitbit Algorithms to track sports activities and vital signs (not surprisingly including 6 months of Fitbit Premium) and perhaps in the future there will be greater integration between the smartwatch and the Fitbit ecosystem.
Now, however, there is one “Deep integration with Fitbit” who guarantees “The most accurate heart rate measurement ever taken”Google tells promising athletes Detection of one heartbeat per second. 40 training modes available, GPS is included. An electrocardiogram is available with the dedicated app, which can detect atrial fibrillation signals. There is no shortage of sleep analysis with plenty of advice drawn from pointers “20 billion nights are tracked by Fitbit”key parameters such as resting heart rate variability.
Integration that naturally aspires to perfection with the Google ecosystem: Assistant is part of the Pixel Watch’s “brain” so as to represent a valuable assistant when you are busy, as well as manage smart home devices without taking out your smartphone. Then there are all the other services, like Gmail, Calendar, Maps and of course Wallet for Tickets and Payments. For music, Google gives 3 months of YouTube Music Premium, so between Fitbit and YouTube Music in the Premium version with a Pixel Watch purchase, you’ll get the full experience for a few months at no extra expense.
Pixel Watch instantly introduces a special function SOS To seize it in an emergency to warn rescuers or trusted contacts, while in 2023 it was revealed the fall And effects up to 32 times the force of gravity.
Pixel Watch – Technical Specifications
- cashier 41mm 80% recycled stainless steel, 12.3mm thick
- Show: 1.4 inch AMOLED with Always On, 320 pixels per inch, DCI-P3, up to 1000 nits of maximum brightness
- chipSamsung Exynos 9110 at 10nm with Cortex M33 processor dedicated to managing some functions with less battery impact
- memories: 2 GB of RAM and 32 GB of storage
- water resistant: 5 atmospheres, up to 50 meters
- screen protected by 3D Corning Gorilla Glass
- watching: Sleep, heart rate, SpO2, ECG app
- Connection: 4G LTE with eSIM, Bluetooth 5.0, single-band Wi-Fi, NFC, GPS, Glonass, Beidou, Galileo
- sensors: compass, altimeter, SpO2, heart rate (optical), accelerometer, gyroscope, ambient light
- Speakers and microphones
- the situation Emergency, Drop and shock detection up to 32G (available in 2023 by the end of winter)
- Wear OS 3.5 With Android smart unlock and quick pairing
- Compatibility: lonliness Android (8.0+)
- the battery: 294 mAh, rated autonomy of 1 day, recharge via USB-C magnetic base, 30 minutes for 50% with 18W charger
- 6 months from Fitbit Premium Included and 3 months of YouTube Music Premium
- Case: matte black, brushed silver, champagne gold
- Tapes: Obsidian, Charcoal, Chalk, Hazel
- Dimensions and weightDiameter: 41 mm, thickness 12.3 mm, 36 grams without strap
- supplied: Pixel watch with S (130-175mm wrist) and L (165-210mm) straps, magnetic charging cable, and quick guide.
Pixel Watch – Availability and Prices
Google Pixel Watch is currently not available in Italy. In the US, pre-orders have already started, it costs $349.99 Issue price list wifi only$50 more, 399 – to variable with LTE. The tapes Its official prices range from 49 and 199 dollars.
It will be available in 9 countries:
- United States of America
- United kingdom
From October 13.
The German and French market listings are particularly interesting because if Google is to lead Pixel Watch in Italy We expect the prices Similar if not identical:
- Pixel Watch Wi-Fi only: 379
- Pixel Watch LTE: 429 euros.