Media Tech Introducing new solutions dedicated to 5G, Chromebook and Smart TV. This new round of products was announced a few days after the launch of the Dimensity 9200, the company’s flagship for best-in-class smartphones for 2023. The news specifically concerns the T800 modem for sub-6GHz and mmWave networks. 5G, Kompanio 520 and 528 chipsets, and the Pentonic 1000 SoC are designed for 4K 120Hz displays.
T800 modem for 5G network
Effective solution from the point of view of consumptionThe T800 is the modem for sub-6GHz 5G and mmWave 5G networks, successor to the proposed T700 summer 2020 model that is destined to bring next-generation networks to PCs and IoT devices. As MediaTek Vice President JC Hsu explains, “The T800 features reliable 5G speeds in a highly efficient design that maximizes battery life for a great all-round user experience.“.
The device is particularly thin and manufactured with a production process 4 nm. It features energy-efficient 5G UltraSave technologies and is capable of supporting download speeds of up to 7.9 Gbps and upload up to 4.2 Gbps.
Companio 520 and 528
It is located around Dual SIM for Low-Quality ChromebooksAble to deliver better performance and longer battery life. It’s perfect for app use, live streaming, and cloud gaming. Both integrate premium Arm Cortex-A76 cores (up to 2GHz on the 520, up to 2.2GHz on the 528) inside an octa-core CPU. multitasking It is more flexible and effective. Each kit has a dual-core APU, and manufacturers will then be able to combine the Kompanio 520 or 528 with MediaTek Filogic WiFI 6 solutions to improve connectivity.
- Support for Chromebooks with cameras up to 32 megapixels
- VP9 decoding and H.265 . encoding
- HiFi-5 DSP
- Support FHD 60fps video recording
- Support for 60Hz FHD+ displays and 60Hz FHD external displays
- Arm Mali G52 MC2 2EE LPDDR4x Memory up to 3733MHz
- eMMC Storage 5.1
- Debut: by the first half of 2023
The Pentonic 1000 is the SoC it was made for 4K Smart TV with 120Hz refresh rate. It integrates WiFi 6, 6E, MEMC, AI processor and Dolby Vision IQ support with accurate detail and 8-segment on-screen intelligent display to display multiple streams at the same time.
- Support for screens up to 4K HDR 120Hz
- VRR up to 4K at 144Hz for gaming
- Auto Low Latency Mode (ALLM)
- smart vision technology
- Dolby Vision IQ
- Ability to display multiple Dolby Vision streams simultaneously
- in-depth details
- Wi-Fi 6 / 6E
- ATSC 3.0, AV1, HEVC, VP9, AVS3, VVC (H.266)
- Dolby Atmos
- Support for voice assistants
- Availability: By Q1 2023