MediaTek Dimensity 1080 OFFICIAL: This is an update to the Dimensity 920 last year, especially from an ISP perspective and maximum supported camera specifications. However, it is a mid-range segment that promises quick implementation by manufacturers due to significant similarities with its predecessor – in general, this means that it will not take long to reach the market. MediaTek expects the first smartphones to be installed on it will be launched later this year. A quick list of the main technical specifications compared to the specifications of the Dimensity 920:
- Production process: 6nm (unchanged)
- CPU: 2x Cortex-A78 @ 2.6GHz + 6x Cortex-A55 @ 2GHz (100MHz more on the A78 than on the D920)
- GPU: Arm Mali-G68 quad core (unchanged)
- Connectivity: 5G SA / NSA dual sim, Wi-Fi 6 MIMO 2×2, Bluetooth 5.2
- Memory: LPDDR5 RAM support, UFS 3.1 . storage
- ISP: 4K HDR video encoding support, up to four cameras, max 200MP resolution with Zero Shutter Lag (versus 108MP max for the D920, everything else remains unchanged)
Briefly: There are more than 100MHz, and the maximum camera resolution ranges from 108 to 200MP. End. At least, this is clear from the data released at the moment. We are waiting for its release to see how it goes.