In the market debut of the Hyundai IONIQ 6 that we’ve seen closely recently, it’s been missing less and less. The Korean automaker has now released all the data on the efficiency of his new car, highlighting the low consumption and autonomy of each individual variable to be proposed in it. Mileage and consumption, of course, according to the WLTP cycle.
Going into the details, the Korean manufacturer highlights the great efficiency of the new IONIQ 6, which in the model with a single electric motor, 53 kWh battery and 18-inch wheels consumes up to Only 13.9 kilowatt-hours per 100 kilometers (WLTP). Once on the market, it will be one of the most efficient electric vehicles.
independence, depending on the model, It ranges between 429 and 614 km (Previously there was only talk up to 610 km).
- Hyundai IONIQ 6 Long Range (77.4 kWh), single engine and 18-inch wheels: 614 km of autonomy, consumption of 14.3 kW / 100 km
- Hyundai IONIQ 6 Long Range (77.4 kWh), single engine, 20-inch wheels: 545 km of autonomy, consumption of 16 kW / 100 km
- Hyundai IONIQ 6 Long Range (77.4 kWh), twin engine, 18-inch wheels: 583 km of autonomy, consumption of 16.1 kW / 100 km
- Hyundai IONIQ 6 Long Range (77.4 kWh), single-spoke 20″ wheels: 519 km of autonomy, consumption of 16.9 kWh / 100 km
- Hyundai IONIQ 6 Standard (53 kWh), single engine, 18-inch wheels: 429 km of autonomy, consumption of 13.9 kW / 100 km
To achieve these results in terms of consumption, Hyundai has worked hard in many aspects. In particular, I managed to achieve this Highly efficient aerodynamics. As we know, in fact, IONIQ 6 Cx can be counted as 0.21, one of the lowest rates in this category. As we said when we took a closer look at the new IONIQ 6, Hyundai has adopted various measures to improve aerodynamics such as the two wings, one upper and one integrated into the tail line to clean up the flows coming from the roof of the car and reduce the eddies coming from the sides.
However, in the front we find two black “feathers” on either side of the bumper that move the air towards the wheel compartment and at the same time clean the air masses that will wrap around the sides. It also helps improve the overall efficiency of the vehicle E-GMP . platform Hyundai Group, expressly designed for electric vehicles.
The platform also supports 800V architecture for high-power charging. Byung Hun MinHead of Hyundai’s Comprehensive Vehicle Performance Development Center commented:
We have worked hard to design the most efficient vehicle in the electric vehicle segment. Our focus on improving aerodynamics has helped create one of the vehicles with longer range, which will reduce customer anxiety and help grow the segment.
the prices IONIQ 6 has not yet been revealed for the Italian market. However, as stated, it should not be too different from that of IONIQ 5.