Are you one of them who is starting a new business or want to create a website for your business? Most people are confused with HTML & WordPress while creating a new website for their business.
So if you are searching for a platform to create your website and want to know what to choose, then you are in the right place. In this blog, we will be discussing what website platform is best for your business – Static HTML or WordPress.
WordPress is a Content Management System (CMS) which allows you to do changes according to your requirement as it has a user-friendly interface. All the changes can be done at your admin are which is quite easy to understand even for the beginners.
Apart from WordPress, there are a lot more CMS out there but WordPress is the most famous CMS among all because it is powering nearly 26% of the websites on the internet.
It is really necessary that you don’t get confuse WordPress.org with WordPress.com. Both are used for their own different purpose. The open-source CMS is available on WordPress.org with complete business solutions whereas, WordPress.com is a blog hosting site. Make sure to choose carefully.
Below we are mentioning some Pros & Cons of WordPress to let you know better about it.
Pros of having a WordPress website:
- Professional Templates Are Available: On WordPress, there are thousands of professional templates available which can be used for your website. These templates are developed by the world’s best professionals.
- Incredibly Versatile: With WordPress websites can be easily extended with plugins. By installing plugins, you can easily add any functions to your current website such as adding a photo gallery, contact form, reservations and much more.
- Complete Control in Your Hands: You get complete control of your website over your domain name and all its content. You can make any changes whenever you want and there is no limit and no extra cost.
- Easy to Update: By just logging into your WordPress account, you can add new pages to your website and you don’t have to pay a developer to get this done. WordPress is easy to use and has a user-friendly interface, which makes it easy for you to create or update pages on your site.
Cons of having a WordPress website:
- Need to learn yourself: A mentioned above, WordPress is easy to use. Also, it takes a while for its users to get familiar with the software. There is a quick tour guide available on the website and the customer support is always there to help. But you have to learn about it by yourself and yes, it does take a little effort to learn.
- Maintenance: The maintenance of your website on WordPress needs to be done by its users. There is no option to get it done by someone else. You need to install plugins, change themes or update them. Also, you have to manage WordPress hosting by yourself.
About Static HTML
HTML is a markup language used to display web pages. The maximum websites on the internet use HTML with a variety of markup & scripting languages to create web pages.
Pros of having a static HTML website:
- Minimum to Low Maintenance: Once you have created your website, you don’t need to make and changes or take any backups regularly. If no changes need to be done on your website then you just has to back it up once and forget it.
- Low Requirements: HTML websites have low requirements. It can be created on cheap servers with low resources.
Cons of having a static HTML website:
- Higher Costs: To create an HTML website you need to hire people to get the smallest task done which eventually end up getting costly for you. WordPress is cheaper in this case.
- No Updates: There aren’t any updates on HTML websites. Unless you know HTML/CSS, a static website can be very difficult to update. It needs a developer to get the task done.
- No additional features: If your business grows and you want to add any feature like survey, poll or any other feature then you can’t do that by yourself. This also needs a web developer to complete the task.
What is Better WordPress or Static?
Now that we have discussed the pros and cons of both, it is quite easy to tell that WordPress is a much better option to create a website. It is time-efficient and cost-effective. But if you are certain that you don’t need to make any changes with your website, then you can also, opt for HTML website.
Using a WordPress website can help your business grow. You can create a blog section on your website to keep your clients up to date about your products and services. But this feature is not available on a static HTML website.
We have explained all the required information. You can choose among both as per your business requirements. For any further help on WordPress or HTML you can visit our website https://www.ramawebsolutions.com/ or create a website for your business with us. To get a free quote call us.